Look for clues in our phone apps, take photos, email them in over the summer, and automatically be entered in a Labor Day drawing for prizes provided by several of our local attractions, lodging, dining and recreation establishments.
Contest runs until Labor Day 2012.
We're sorry to say that this idea did not take off. Feedback welcome.
Here's a list of prizes to date. All prizes good through Labor Day 2013.
Adirondack Saddle Tours horseback riding certificate
An Adirondack Chair Bead, from Allen's Fine Jewelry
Dinner for two at Marty's Chili Nights in Indian Lake
Half dozen homemade donuts and coffee mug from The Donut Shop in Eagle Bay
A "fishing basket" from Hoss's Country Corner in Long Lake
Four wilderness cruise tickets from The Norridgewock, Stillwater Reservoir
Outing on the river with Tickner's Moose River Canoe
A family/small group pizza cruise on Raquette Lake from Raquette Lake Navigation
Two tickets for a day at Water Safari in Old Forge
How to play
1) We have hidden 22 clues within the Hiking, Biking and Paddling iPhone apps. Exact same clues in each app. You have to take pictures at 6 of those 22 locations. Choose any 6 you want.
2) Find the clues by tapping the business sponsor pins. All clues start with the words "Photo Clue"
3) You must have a person or family pet in each picture.
4) This is not an athletic endurance contest nor a best picture contest. Please do not hurt yourself, fall off a cliff,
cause a family member to freeze their face in the "cheese" position, etc. This is fun!
5) Email your pictures one at a time, or zip all 6 together. Email any time between now and Labor Day. Email to Linda at email@example.com.
6) In your email message, include your name, address, best email and phone number to reach you, and the clue location. (Most are obvious, but we do have a few that are not).
7) You are automatically entered in our Labor Day drawing for prizes.
8) You do not have to be present to win. We will contact you via phone or email before mailing out your prize certificate.
Please note: the pins for the clue locations within the apps are not located where you take the photo. That would be way too easy and spoil the fun. But we did hide the majority of clues in each corresponding town. So, if the clue is "the fire tower on Blue Mountain", that clue is hidden somewhere within the Town of Indian Lake, which includes the hamlets of Blue Mountain Lake and Indian Lake. Get the idea?
The clues are scattered from Forestport to Indian Lake, throughout the central Adirondack region.
Also, we do not require that you climb mountain peaks for all the photos. We only have 3 fire towers among the 22 clues. The majority of clues are very family friendly and handicap accessible.
Questions, please email.